Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baseball Cake - May 2011


After taking a cake decorating class, I have found that anytime a birthday or a celebration happens, I MUST make a theme caked. This is by no one else's doing, except my own and there is always a moment that I'm doing it, that I wonder, what was I thinking, that I might be able to actually make this look the way I want it to! This was no exception. I wanted it to look like a baseball and was set on doing a 3d cake. My friend Ben, loves the Yankees (in typical New York style) and that was the inspiration for this creation!
Mini cupcakes are always a hit, I find that people love to have these more then the regular sized ones!
I used the Wilton Sports Pan for this and it wasn't that hard, but looked a little less like a ball and more like a space ship.

Obviously, nothing a little icing couldn't fix!

That dang logo - I mean, it's not that hard, but for whatever reason, it took me a while to get it the way I wanted it!

The Final product!





No comments:

Post a Comment