Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tea Party

Ever since my good friend gave me a book about hosting tea parties, I've been excited about the ideas that came about from this book, going back to my days back in England years ago. It also turned out to work well, to follow the Royal Wedding! I did have some help (which I, personally, think every good hostess needs) but had a lot of fun putting everything back together.

The Invite
Tea Cups
Tea

The Menu:
Quiches
Scones
Tea Sandwiches
Cupcakes
Creme Filled Phyllo
Lemon Cookies

Close up of Sandwiches


Tea Cocktails
(Tea Forte)

Scones and Jam

The Guests

Tea Forte

Cupcake Tower

Alice in Wonderland Inspired Cupcakes


2 comments:

  1. It looks great! So "English High Tea" and fancy!
    Way to go. You are well on your way to becoming a fellow "Martha Stewart Nazi". :)
    You might even be surpassing the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie! I owe my Martha Stewart-ness to you! I didn't get a chance to write a lot on this post, but everyone was asking about the pictures and what was taking me so long. Had I written more, you would have gotten a lot of the credit, especially for the AMAZING recipe for the cucumber sandwiches. I'll have to post that one in my "Recipe" Section!

    ReplyDelete